Spicy Sweet Potato Chips & Cilantro Dip Recipe
This cool, creamy dip is a great partner for the spicy sweet potato chips. They're made for each other! —Libby Walp, Chicago, Illinois
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 20 min. Bake: 25 min./batch YIELD:12 servings
- 2 to 3 large sweet potatoes (1-3/4 pounds), peeled and cut into 1/8-inch slices
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon taco seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 4-1/2 teaspoons minced fresh cilantro
- 1-1/2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon celery salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1. Place sweet potatoes in a large bowl. In a small bowl, mix oil and seasonings; drizzle over potatoes and toss to coat.
- 2. Arrange potatoes in a single layer in two ungreased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pans. Bake at 400° for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown, turning once. Repeat with remaining potatoes.
- 3. In a small bowl, beat dip ingredients until blended. Serve with chips. Yield: 12 servings (1-1/2 cups dip).
3/4 cup chips with 3 tablespoons dip equals 488 calories, 25 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 25 mg cholesterol, 387 mg sodium, 60 g carbohydrate, 7 g fiber, 5 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC