- 2 to 3 large sweet potatoes (1-3/4 pounds), peeled and cut into 1/8-inch slices
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon taco seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 4-1/2 teaspoons minced fresh cilantro
- 1-1/2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon celery salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Place sweet potatoes in a large bowl. In a small bowl, mix oil and seasonings; drizzle over potatoes and toss to coat.
- Arrange potatoes in a single layer in two ungreased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pans. Bake at 400° for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown, turning once. Repeat with remaining potatoes.
- In a small bowl, beat dip ingredients until blended. Serve with chips. Yield: 12 servings (1-1/2 cups dip).
Reviews for Spicy Sweet Potato Chips & Cilantro Dip
Sort By :
"Loved them and now I have a great slicer from Christmas so I can get uniform sizes."
"Really good. Had a bit of dip leftover that I used with some fish. As others have said, just watch the thickness and monitor closely while cooking."
"Good flavor -family loved them, but as others said, some soggy & some kinda burnt. Need to get just the right thickness. Will try again..."
"The drizzle was too thick. I think it just made the chips burn too easily. Like another commenter's my chips were either burnt or still mushy. The dip was good."
"These were really good, but didn't use the dip. Served them for dinner w/ barbecued pork chops, salad and veggies. They didn't crisp up and you really need to keep an eye on them as 25 minutes could be a bit long or they'll start to burn. Will keep making them as they are easy, tasty and quick."