Spicy Sweet Potato Chips Recipe
These colorful chips from our Test Kitchen bring a balanced blend of sweet and spicy. Once you try these, you may never want to go back to the packaged variety!
- 2 medium sweet potatoes, peeled
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Oil for deep-fat frying
- Cut sweet potatoes into very thin slices; soak in cold water for 30 minutes.
- Drain; pat dry with paper towels. In a small bowl, combine the salt, cinnamon and cayenne; set aside.
- In an electric skillet or deep-fat fryer, heat oil to 375°. Fry potatoes in batches for 3-4 minutes or until golden brown, turning frequently. Remove with a slotted spoon; drain on paper towels. Sprinkle with seasoning mixture. Serve warm. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Sweet Potato Chips in Simple & Delicious November/December 2007, p7
Reviews for Spicy Sweet Potato Chips(1)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Apr. 13, 2010
Sweet potato chips are so easy to make, we make them whenever we are doing a family dinner. They are fun to snack on while we wait for dinner to finish cooking, and when dinner is done, we put whatever is left on the table with Dinner.