Spicy Summer Sub Recipe
A few years back, I served this sandwich to friends and family who came to help with our garage sale. Everyone was impressed with the preparation and combination of flavors. —Barb McMahan, Fenton, Missouri
- 1 round loaf (1-1/2 pounds) rye bread
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 jar (2 ounces) diced pimientos, drained
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1/2 pound sliced provolone cheese
- 1/4 pound sliced fully cooked ham
- 1/4 pound sliced cooked turkey
- 1/4 pound sliced Genoa salami
- 1/4 pound sliced mozzarella cheese
- 1. Cut bread in half horizontally; hollow out top and bottom, leaving a 3/4-in. shell. (Discard removed bread or save for another use.)
- 2. In a small bowl, combine mayonnaise, mustard, pimientos and hot pepper sauce; spread 1/4 cup in the bottom bread shell. Layer with a fourth of the provolone, ham, turkey, salami and mozzarella. Spread with more of the mayonnaise mixture. Repeat layers three times (you may not use up all of the mayonnaise mixture). Replace bread top and wrap tightly with plastic wrap.
- 3. Chill for at least 3 hours. Remove from the refrigerator 30 minutes before serving. Cut into wedges; serve with remaining mayonnaise mixture if desired. Yield: 6-8 servings.
1 serving (1 piece) equals 646 calories, 40 g fat (12 g saturated fat), 67 mg cholesterol, 1,670 mg sodium, 44 g carbohydrate, 5 g fiber, 27 g protein.
Reviews for Spicy Summer Sub
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC