Spicy Stuffed Peppers
This is one of my family's favorite recipes. It can be fixed any time of the year, but it's especially good with fresh peppers from the garden.
4 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Bake: 35 min.
- 4 green peppers, tops and seeds removed
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/2 cup cooked rice
- 1 teaspoon celery salt
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Dash cayenne pepper
- 1 jar (8 ounces) picante sauce
- Cook peppers in boiling salted water for 3 minutes. Drain and rinse
- with cold water. Combine ground beef, onion, rice and seasonings;
- spoon into peppers. Place in a greased baking dish; top with picante
- sauce. Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 35-40 minutes or until meat
- is no longer pink. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 265 calories, 9 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 69 mg cholesterol, 965 mg sodium, 21 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 24 g protein.