Spicy Stuffed Mushrooms Recipe
- 1/2 pound bulk spicy pork sausage
- 24 large fresh mushrooms
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions
- 1/4 cup minced garlic
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded pepper Jack cheese, divided
- 1. In a small skillet, cook sausage over medium heat for 5-6 minutes or until no longer pink; drain.
- 2. Remove stems from mushrooms and finely chop; set caps aside. In a large skillet, saute the stems, onions and garlic in butter for 4-5 minutes or until crisp-tender. Stir in the sausage, bread crumbs and 1/2 cup cheese.
- 3. Spoon about 2 tablespoons into each mushroom cap. Place on a foil-lined baking sheet; sprinkle with remaining cheese. Bake at 350° for 22-25 minutes or until mushrooms are tender. Yield: 2 dozen.
1 each: 81 calories, 5g fat (3g saturated fat), 14mg cholesterol, 160mg sodium, 5g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.
Reviews for Spicy Stuffed Mushrooms
"These were very good. I didn't have enough pepper jack so I used 1/2 pepper jack and 1/2 cheddar. Next time I'll make sure I have the pepper jack since the cheddar melted faster and cooked more."