Spicy Stuffed Mushrooms Recipe
These savory stuffed mushrooms have been a huge hit with family and friends in Belleville, Michigan for years, says Amy Prey. For a little less heat, substitute a milder sausage and different cheese for the pepper Jack.
- 1/2 pound bulk spicy pork sausage
- 24 large fresh mushrooms
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions
- 1/4 cup minced garlic
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded pepper Jack cheese, divided
- 1. In a small skillet, cook sausage over medium heat for 5-6 minutes or until no longer pink; drain.
- 2. Remove stems from mushrooms and finely chop; set caps aside. In a large skillet, saute the stems, onions and garlic in butter for 4-5 minutes or until crisp-tender. Stir in the sausage, bread crumbs and 1/2 cup cheese.
- 3. Spoon about 2 tablespoons into each mushroom cap. Place on a foil-lined baking sheet; sprinkle with remaining cheese. Bake at 350° for 22-25 minutes or until mushrooms are tender. Yield: 2 dozen.
1 serving (1 each) equals 81 calories, 5 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 14 mg cholesterol, 160 mg sodium, 5 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.
Reviews for Spicy Stuffed Mushrooms
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC