Spicy Steak Stew Recipe
- 2 cups cubed beef flank steak (1/2-inch cubes)
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 can (14 ounces) onion-seasoned or regular beef broth
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) Italian stewed tomatoes
- 2 cups diced peeled potato
- 1 cup coarsely chopped fresh broccoli
- 1 celery rib, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup minced fresh parsley
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon each salt, pepper and crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon cold water
- 1. In a pressure cooker, cook steak, onion and garlic in oil until meat is no longer pink; drain. Add broth; simmer for 10 minutes. Add the vegetables, parsley, Worcestershire sauce and seasonings.
- 2. Close cover securely; place pressure regulator on vent pipe. Bring cooker to full pressure over high heat. Reduce heat to medium-high and cook for 15 minutes. (Pressure regulator should maintain a slow steady rocking motion; adjust heat if needed.) Immediately cool according to manufacturer’s directions until pressure is completely reduced.
- 3. In a small bowl, combine cornstarch and water until smooth; stir into stew. Bring to a boil over medium heat; cook for 2 minutes or until thickened. Yield: 6 servings.
1 cup: 0 calories, 0g fat (0g saturated fat), 0mg cholesterol, 0mg sodium, 0g carbohydrate (0g sugars, 0g fiber), 0g protein
Reviews for Spicy Steak Stew
"This is the perfect combo of spices. My whole family loved it!"
"Very good and quick meal!"
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.