Spicy Steak House Soup
Think “steak dinner in a bowl,” suggests Lisa Renshaw from Kansas City, Missouri. Her rich, hefty soup makes great cold-weather fare and packs a chili-powder nip of its own!
2 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Cook: 35 min.
- 1/4 pound beef tenderloin, cut into 1/4-inch pieces
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1-1/2 cups cubed peeled Yukon Gold potatoes
- 1 cup reduced-sodium beef broth
- 1/4 cup steak sauce
- 3/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- In a large nonstick saucepan, saute the beef, onion and salt in oil
- for 4-5 minutes or until meat is no longer pink. Stir in the
- potatoes, broth, steak sauce, chili powder, cumin and cayenne. Bring
- to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 30-35 minutes or until
- potatoes are tender. Garnish with parsley. Yield: 2 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1-1/4 cups equals 281 calories, 9 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 38 mg cholesterol, 1,120 mg sodium, 31 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 16 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 2 lean meat, 1/2 fat.