Spicy Steak House Soup Recipe
- 1/4 pound beef tenderloin, cut into 1/4-inch pieces
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1-1/2 cups cubed peeled Yukon Gold potatoes
- 1 cup reduced-sodium beef broth
- 1/4 cup steak sauce
- 3/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1. In a large nonstick saucepan, saute the beef, onion and salt in oil for 4-5 minutes or until meat is no longer pink. Stir in the potatoes, broth, steak sauce, chili powder, cumin and cayenne. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 30-35 minutes or until potatoes are tender. Garnish with parsley. Yield: 2 servings.
1-1/4 cups equals 281 calories, 9 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 38 mg cholesterol, 1,120 mg sodium, 31 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 16 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 2 lean meat, 1/2 fat.