- 1/4 pound beef tenderloin, cut into 1/4-inch pieces
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1-1/2 cups cubed peeled Yukon Gold potatoes
- 1 cup reduced-sodium beef broth
- 1/4 cup steak sauce
- 3/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- In a large nonstick saucepan, saute the beef, onion and salt in oil for 4-5 minutes or until meat is no longer pink. Stir in the potatoes, broth, steak sauce, chili powder, cumin and cayenne. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 30-35 minutes or until potatoes are tender. Garnish with parsley. Yield: 2 servings.
Reviews for Spicy Steak House Soup
Sort By :
I made this using up leftover tenderloin. This recipe will take on the flavor of whatever steak sauce you use. I used A1. I made the soup less potatoes the day before serving. I added the cubed potatoes to the soup but needed to add more broth. Then I simmered it for about 30 minutes to get the potatoes cooked. It is good, simple and has a little kick.
good has a nice kick. used leftover grilled beef tenderloin. doubled reciped. no leftovers .
My husband can never get enough of this soup. We usually triple the recipe so he can have seconds and leftovers!
More Recipe Collections
- Cooking For Two >
- Cooking For Two Magazine >
- Cooking For Two Recipes >
- Diabetic Soup Recipes >
- Low Fat Recipes >