- 1/4 pound beef tenderloin, cut into 1/4-inch pieces
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1-1/2 cups cubed peeled Yukon Gold potatoes
- 1 cup reduced-sodium beef broth
- 1/4 cup steak sauce
- 3/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- In a large nonstick saucepan, saute the beef, onion and salt in oil for 4-5 minutes or until meat is no longer pink. Stir in the potatoes, broth, steak sauce, chili powder, cumin and cayenne. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 30-35 minutes or until potatoes are tender. Garnish with parsley. Yield: 2 servings.
Reviews for Spicy Steak House Soup
Sort By :
"I made this using up leftover tenderloin. This recipe will take on the flavor of whatever steak sauce you use. I used A1. I made the soup less potatoes the day before serving. I added the cubed potatoes to the soup but needed to add more broth. Then I simmered it for about 30 minutes to get the potatoes cooked. It is good, simple and has a little kick."
"good has a nice kick. used leftover grilled beef tenderloin. doubled reciped. no leftovers ."
"My husband can never get enough of this soup. We usually triple the recipe so he can have seconds and leftovers!"