Spicy Spanish Rice Recipe
- 1 cup uncooked long grain rice
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 can (2-1/4 ounces) sliced ripe olives, drained
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 cans (10 ounces each) diced tomatoes and green chilies, undrained
- 1 cup water
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro, optional
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°. In a greased 2-qt. baking dish, combine rice, onion, olives, cumin, tomatoes, water and oil. Cover and bake 45 minutes.
- 2. Stir in cheese. Bake, uncovered, 10-15 minutes longer or until rice is tender and liquid is absorbed. Stir in cilantro if desired. Yield: 6-8 servings.
3/4 cup: 186 calories, 9g fat (3g saturated fat), 13mg cholesterol, 290mg sodium, 21g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 1g fiber), 6g protein .
Reviews for Spicy Spanish Rice
"Delicious rice dish. Wife loves olives, so we added some extra, and cilantro is a must. Not really all that spicy, but just enough for us, and we usually like really spicy dishes. Look forward to making this again!"