Spicy Spanish Rice Recipe
- 1 cup uncooked long grain rice
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 can (2-1/4 ounces) sliced ripe olives, drained
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 cans (10 ounces each) diced tomatoes and green chilies, undrained
- 1 cup water
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro, optional
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°. In a greased 2-qt. baking dish, combine rice, onion, olives, cumin, tomatoes, water and oil. Cover and bake 45 minutes.
- 2. Stir in cheese. Bake, uncovered, 10-15 minutes longer or until rice is tender and liquid is absorbed. Stir in cilantro if desired. Yield: 6-8 servings.
3/4 cup: 186 calories, 9g fat (3g saturated fat), 13mg cholesterol, 290mg sodium, 21g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 1g fiber), 6g protein
Reviews for Spicy Spanish Rice
"Delicious rice dish. Wife loves olives, so we added some extra, and cilantro is a must. Not really all that spicy, but just enough for us, and we usually like really spicy dishes. Look forward to making this again!"