Spicy Spaghetti Sauce Recipe
I appreciate the fact that this hearty pasta sauce is quick to assemble and cooks in just a few hours. My husband and I have our hands full raising two children and 25,000 game birds on our farm.
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 can (46 ounces) tomato juice
- 1 can (12 ounces) tomato paste
- 1 can (4 ounces) mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon garlic salt
- 1 tablespoon dried basil
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 3 bay leaves
- Hot cooked spaghetti
- 1. In a Dutch oven, cook the beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the tomato juice, tomato paste, mushrooms and seasonings; bring to a boil.
- 2. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 2-1/2 hours, stirring occasionally. Discard bay leaves. Serve with spaghetti. Yield: 6-1/2 cups.
Reviews for Spicy Spaghetti Sauce
Reviewed Aug. 31, 2016
"easy to make and very tasty!!!"
Reviewed Jan. 23, 2013
Reviewed Sep. 7, 2012
"I've been making this for years and my Family loves it. It makes a lot and it's just my husband and I now but it freezes well so we get to enjoy it for several meals."
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC