Spicy Snow Peas Recipe
"I got the recipe for Spicy Snow Peas from a girlfriend," recalls Marianne Bauman in Modesto, California. “We tried it and liked it. It’s a great way to add more veggies to a meal and the spicy flavor makes a nice complement to so many entrees."
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1-1/2 cups fresh or frozen snow peas, thawed
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh basil or 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1. In a small skillet, saute onion and garlic in butter for 2-3 minutes or until onion is crisp-tender. Add the snow peas, basil and pepper flakes; cook and stir for 2-3 minutes or until peas are tender. Yield: 2 servings.
1/2 cup (prepared with reduced-fat butter) equals 94 calories, 3 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 10 mg cholesterol, 41 mg sodium, 13 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 5 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC