Spicy Snack Mix Recipe
Spicy Snack Mix is a light, crispy concoction that's a favorite of Betty Sitzman and her family in Wray, Colorado. The nuts help to satisfy the "hungries", and you can make the mix more or less spicy to suit your taste.
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 1 tablespoon seasoned salt
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 7 cups Rice Chex
- 6 cups Cheerios
- 5 cups Wheat Chex
- 1 can (12 ounces) mixed nuts
- 1. In a small saucepan, melt butter. Add the seasoned salt, Worcestershire sauce, garlic powder and pepper sauce; set aside.
- 2. In a large bowl, combine cereal and nuts. Drizzle with butter mixture; toss to coat.
- 3. Spread into two 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pans. Bake at 250° for 1 hour, stirring every 15 minutes. Store in airtight containers. Yield: 22 cups.
1/2 cup equals 117 calories, 7 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 6 mg cholesterol, 314 mg sodium, 12 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 3 g protein.
Reviews for Spicy Snack Mix
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC