Spicy Snack Mix Recipe
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 1 tablespoon seasoned salt
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 7 cups Rice Chex
- 6 cups Cheerios
- 5 cups Wheat Chex
- 1 can (12 ounces) mixed nuts
- 1. In a small saucepan, melt butter. Add the seasoned salt, Worcestershire sauce, garlic powder and pepper sauce; set aside.
- 2. In a large bowl, combine cereal and nuts. Drizzle with butter mixture; toss to coat.
- 3. Spread into two 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pans. Bake at 250° for 1 hour, stirring every 15 minutes. Store in airtight containers. Yield: 22 cups.
1/2 cup equals 117 calories, 7 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 6 mg cholesterol, 314 mg sodium, 12 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 3 g protein.
Reviews for Spicy Snack Mix
"Prepared as written, this recipe was spicy but not too spicy."