Spicy Slow-Cooked Chili Recipe
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 2 to 3 hot chili peppers of your choice
- 3 cans (16 ounces each) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (6 ounces) tomato paste
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 medium green pepper, seeded and chopped
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 to 4 cups tomato juice
- 1. In a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Transfer to a 5-qt. slow cooker. Remove seeds from the chili peppers if desired; chop peppers. Add to the slow cooker. Stir in the beans, tomato paste, onion, green pepper, seasonings and 2 cups tomato juice.
- 2. Cover and cook on low for 4-6 hours or until heated through, adding more tomato juice if needed to achieve desired thickness. Yield: 8 servings.
1 serving (1 cup) equals 272 calories, 10 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 56 mg cholesterol, 409 mg sodium, 20 g carbohydrate, 5 g fiber, 25 g protein.
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.