- 2 pounds ground beef
- 2 to 3 hot chili peppers of your choice
- 3 cans (16 ounces each) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (6 ounces) tomato paste
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 medium green pepper, seeded and chopped
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 to 4 cups tomato juice
- In a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Transfer to a 5-qt. slow cooker. Remove seeds from the chili peppers if desired; chop peppers. Add to the slow cooker. Stir in the beans, tomato paste, onion, green pepper, seasonings and 2 cups tomato juice.
- Cover and cook on low for 4-6 hours or until heated through, adding more tomato juice if needed to achieve desired thickness. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews for Spicy Slow-Cooked Chili
"I love this chili! I like mine with more spice so I add another jalapeno but besides that this recipe is perfect!"
"Wow! Rave reviews were coming from all, even grandma loves it!. The cinnamon didn't make sense (and the smell was overpowering) so I have omitted it in subsequent dishes, and I added 3/4 of a jar of Mezzeta pepperoncinis chopped, and 3/4 of the juice as well. It really kicked up the heat. This is going to be a staple recipe in my house."
"Great recipe. Family loves it!"