"This recipe comes from my cousin," relates Dorothea Roberts of Tulsa, Oklahoma. "Using brown rice and turkey, she concocted this hearty and flavorful main course. I think it's a winner."
- 1 pound lean ground turkey
- 1 can (16 ounces) chili beans, undrained
- 1-1/2 cups cooked brown rice
- 1 cup salsa
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- 2 to 3 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese, optional
- In a skillet coated with cooking spray, brown turkey over medium heat; drain if necessary. Add chili beans, rice, salsa, vinegar and seasonings; mix well. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 20 minutes. Sprinkle with cheese if desired. Yield: 5 servings.
Originally published as Spicy Skillet Supper in Taste of Home August/September 1999, p16
Reviews for Spicy Skillet Supper
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review