Spicy Shrimp Recipe
- 6 bacon strips, diced
- 1 cup butter, cubed
- 2 tablespoons seafood seasoning
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1-1/2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon Louisiana-style hot sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon each dried basil, oregano and thyme
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1-1/2 pounds uncooked shell-on medium shrimp
- 1. In a large skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until partially cooked but not crisp; drain. Stir in the butter, seafood seasoning, mustard, chili powder, pepper, hot sauce, basil, oregano and thyme. Cook over low heat for 5 minutes. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer.
- 2. Place the shrimp in an ungreased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Add sauce and stir to coat. Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 20-25 minutes or until shrimp turn pink, stirring twice. Yield: 6 servings.
1 serving (6 ounces) equals 490 calories, 45 g fat (24 g saturated fat), 265 mg cholesterol, 1,464 mg sodium, 2 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 21 g protein.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.