“I think my Spicy Shrimp is unique, and it’s easy to prepare,” writes Bob Gebhardt of Wausau, Wisconsin.
- 6 bacon strips, diced
- 1 cup butter, cubed
- 2 tablespoons seafood seasoning
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1-1/2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon Louisiana-style hot sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon each dried basil, oregano and thyme
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1-1/2 pounds uncooked shell-on medium shrimp
- In a large skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until partially cooked but not crisp; drain. Stir in the butter, seafood seasoning, mustard, chili powder, pepper, hot sauce, basil, oregano and thyme. Cook over low heat for 5 minutes. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer.
- Place the shrimp in an ungreased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Add butter mixture and stir to coat. Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 20-25 minutes or until shrimp turn pink, stirring twice. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Spicy Shrimp in Taste of Home August/September 2006, p21
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Spicy Shrimp
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review