- 1 cup salsa
- 1 medium ripe mango, peeled, pitted and diced
- 1 tablespoon ketchup
- 1 envelope reduced-sodium taco seasoning
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pound uncooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 6 flour tortillas (10 inches), warmed
- 1-1/2 cups coleslaw mix
- 6 tablespoons reduced-fat sour cream
- In a small bowl, combine the salsa, mango and ketchup; set aside. In a large resealable plastic bag, combine taco seasoning and oil; add shrimp. Seal bag and shake to coat.
- In a nonstick skillet or wok, cook shrimp over medium-high heat for 2-3 minutes or until shrimp turn pink. Top tortillas with coleslaw mix, salsa mixture and shrimp. Fold bottom third of tortilla up over filling; fold sides over. Serve with sour cream. Yield: 6 servings.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Spicy Shrimp Wraps
"Very tasty! I cut the recipe in half for the two of us and we really enjoy it. I like the idea of using mango salsa and will try it the next time.One thing that did not work out for me was the instruction to combine the taco seasoning with the oil before coating the shrimp; it just made a lumpy mess. Since nobody else complained about it, there must either be a trick that I missed, or everyone knew better. Now I shake the shrimp with the taco seasoning and put the oil directly into the skillet."
"The combination of flavors was outstanding; even someone that doesn't usually care for shrimp thought it was really good. I used mild salsa, regular taco seasoning (since I couldn't locate reduced-sodium seasoning), Greek yogurt instead of sour cream, and also sliced cabbage instead of the bagged mix. I found that a good variation was cooked sliced chicken breast, shaken with the seasoning mix and then cooked as directed."
"Delicious and healthy too. Sometimes I substitute shredded lettuce for the cole slaw. Great either way."
"Sooooo good! I used jarred peach mango salsa as some other reviewers suggested. I also added sliced avocado...amazing!!"
"Very tasty! I used mango peach salsa and omitted the fresh mango and ketchup. I may add cilantro next time."