- 1-1/2 pounds uncooked shrimp (31-40 per pound), peeled, deveined and coarsely chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/3 cup reduced-fat plain Greek yogurt
- 1/3 cup peach salsa or salsa of your choice
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 package (12 ounces) broccoli coleslaw mix
- 2 cups fresh baby spinach
- 1/4 cup shredded carrots
- 1/4 cup frozen shelled edamame, thawed
- 12 whole wheat pita pocket halves
- Preheat broiler. In a small bowl, toss shrimp with oil and paprika. Transfer to a foil-lined 15x10x1-in. baking pan. Broil 4-5 in. from heat 3-4 minutes or until shrimp turn– pink, stirring once.
- In a small bowl, whisk yogurt, salsa, honey, salt and pepper. Add coleslaw mix, spinach, carrots, edamame and shrimp; toss to coat.
- Place pita pockets on a baking sheet. Broil 4-5 in. from heat 1-2 minutes on each side or until lightly toasted. Fill each pita half with 1/2 cup shrimp mixture. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Spicy Shrimp-Slaw Pitas in Taste of Home April/May 2016, p21
Reviews for Spicy Shrimp-Slaw Pitas
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review