Spicy Shrimp Salsa Recipe
- 1/2 pound cooked shrimp, peeled, deveined and chopped
- 1 large tomato, chopped
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 3 radishes, chopped
- 1/4 cup minced fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1-1/2 teaspoons finely chopped seeded jalapeno pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Baked tortilla chip scoops
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the first eight ingredients. Refrigerate until serving. Serve with chips. Yield: 2 cups.
1/4 cup (calculated without chips): 38 calories, 1g fat (0 saturated fat), 43mg cholesterol, 119mg sodium, 2g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 0 fiber), 6g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 lean meat.
Reviews for Spicy Shrimp Salsa
"Fabulous! A couple of tips: the recipe did not specify Hot or Mild Jalepe?os, and I grabbed a small jar not realizing until I added it to the mix that it was the mild version. This recipe definitely needed the hot version... so I added some sriracha sauce, and that added the heat. Secondly, salsas need to marinate for a while, so I made this two days before the party, but did not add the shrimp until just before serving. Perfecto!!"