Spicy Shrimp Salsa
Radishes add a wonderful crunch to this colorful salsa that is also great over grilled fish. There's just enough jalapeno to give flavor without much of the heat. Mary Beth Relyea - Canastota, New York
8 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1/2 pound cooked shrimp, peeled, deveined and chopped
- 1 large tomato, chopped
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 3 radishes, chopped
- 1/4 cup minced fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1-1/2 teaspoons finely chopped seeded jalapeno pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Baked tortilla chip scoops
- In a small bowl, combine the first eight ingredients. Refrigerate
- until serving. Serve with chips. Yield: 2 cups.
Nutritional Facts: 1/4 cup (calculated without chips) equals 38 calories, 1 g fat (trace saturated fat), 43 mg cholesterol, 119 mg sodium, 2 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 6 g protein. Diabetic Exchange: 1 lean meat.
Wine: Sweet White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.