The sophisticated blend of seasonings, shrimp and a splash of white wine will make this awesome pizza a favorite with your grown-up friends. This recipe is special enough for company...but quick enough for weeknights, too. Debra Udden - Colorado Springs, CO
- 1 pound uncooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1/2 to 3/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 5 garlic cloves, minced
- 12 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 can (15 ounces) crushed tomatoes, undrained
- 1 cup white wine or chicken broth
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1 prebaked 12-inch thin pizza crust
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Italian cheese blend
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Parmesan or Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
- In a large skillet over medium heat, cook shrimp and pepper flakes in oil for 2-3 minutes or until shrimp turn pink. Remove and keep warm.
- In the same skillet, saute onion until tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Add the cherry tomatoes, crushed tomatoes, wine, oregano and pepper. Bring to a boil; cook until liquid is reduced, stirring occasionally. Add shrimp and parsley; heat through.
- Place crust on an ungreased pizza pan. Spread shrimp mixture over crust to within 1/2 in. of edges; sprinkle with cheeses.
- Bake at 450° for 8-10 minutes or until cheese is melted and edges are lightly browned. Yield: 6 slices.
Originally published as Spicy Shrimp Pizza in Simple & Delicious January/February 2010, p37
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Spicy Shrimp Pizza
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review