Spicy Shrimp Kabobs Recipe
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 pound uncooked large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1. In a small saucepan, melt butter; add the lemon juice, spices, lemon peel and salt.
- 2. Thread shrimp onto eight metal or soaked wooden skewers. Place skewers in a greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan. Broil 3-4 in. from the heat for 3-4 minutes on each side or until shrimp turn pink, basting occasionally with butter mixture. Yield: 8 kabobs.
2 each: 204 calories, 13g fat (7g saturated fat), 168mg cholesterol, 364mg sodium, 2g carbohydrate (trace sugars, 1g fiber), 19g protein
Reviews for Spicy Shrimp Kabobs
"My family liked this recipe and it was easy and quick. The next time I make it, I will add Tony Chechere's or Cayenne Pepper for a little kick."
"very tasty, served with nutty wild rice on page 31 of this issue."
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.