- 1 tablespoon reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon Sriracha Asian hot chili sauce
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 4 cups cubed seedless watermelon (1 inch), divided
- 1 pound uncooked shrimp (16-20 per pound), peeled and deveined
- 1 medium red onion, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- Minced fresh cilantro, optional
- For glaze, place soy sauce, chili sauce, honey, garlic and 2 cups watermelon in a blender; cover and process until pureed. Transfer to a small saucepan; bring to a boil. Cook, uncovered, over medium-high heat until mixture is reduced by half, about 10 minutes. Reserve 1/4 cup glaze for serving.
- On four metal or soaked wooden skewers, alternately thread shrimp, onion and remaining watermelon. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Place kabobs on an oiled grill rack over medium heat. Grill, covered, 3-4 minutes on each side or until shrimp turns pink, brushing with remaining glaze during the last 2 minutes. If desired, sprinkle with cilantro. Serve with reserved glaze. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Spicy Shrimp & Watermelon Kabobs in Simple & Delicious August/September 2016
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Spicy Shrimp & Watermelon Kabobs
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review