Spicy Shrimp & Peppers with Pasta Recipe
- 1 cup sliced baby portobello mushrooms
- 1 medium sweet yellow pepper, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 medium green pepper, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 shallot, minced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 can (28 ounces) crushed tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 6 ounces uncooked whole wheat linguine
- 1 pound uncooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh parsley or 1 tablespoon dried parsley flakes
- 1. In a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, saute the mushrooms, peppers and shallot in oil until tender. Add garlic and pepper flakes; cook 1 minute longer.
- 2. Stir in the tomatoes, Italian seasoning and salt. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 12-15 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- 3. Meanwhile, cook linguine according to package directions. Add shrimp to sauce; cook and stir for 5-7 minutes or until shrimp turn pink.
- 4. Drain linguine; stir into sauce. Heat through. Sprinkle with parsley. Yield: 4 servings.
2 cups equals 385 calories, 10 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 138 mg cholesterol, 697 mg sodium, 53 g carbohydrate, 10 g fiber, 28 g protein.
Reviews for Spicy Shrimp & Peppers with Pasta
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.