Spicy Shrimp & Crab Cocktail
I don’t usually like radishes, but I love them in this shrimp cocktail. Serve it straight up, with tortilla chips or on a bed of butter lettuce. Tip: Zing Zang Bloody Mary mix works just as well as spicy V8.—Heidi Knaak, Liberty, Missouri
12 ServingsPrep: 25 min. + chilling
- 2 medium cucumbers, peeled, seeded and chopped
- 8 radishes, halved and thinly sliced (about 2 cups)
- 2 cups spicy hot V8 juice (about 16 ounces)
- 1 cup Clamato juice
- 1/2 cup finely chopped red onion
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 5 jalapeno peppers, seeded and finely chopped
- 1/4 cup coarsely chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 pound peeled and deveined cooked small shrimp
- 1 pound lump crabmeat, drained
- 2 medium ripe avocados, peeled and cubed
- In a large bowl, mix the first 10 ingredients. Gently fold in shrimp,
- crab and avocados. Refrigerate, covered, at least 2 hours or until
- cold. Serve in martini glasses. Yield: 12 servings (3/4 cup each).
Nutritional Facts: 3/4 cup equals 162 calories, 6 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 91 mg cholesterol, 604 mg sodium, 11 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 17 g protein.
Wine: Sweet White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.