- 2 medium cucumbers, peeled, seeded and chopped
- 8 radishes, halved and thinly sliced (about 2 cups)
- 2 cups spicy hot V8 juice (about 16 ounces)
- 1 cup Clamato juice
- 1/2 cup finely chopped red onion
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 5 jalapeno peppers, seeded and finely chopped
- 1/4 cup coarsely chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 pound peeled and deveined cooked small shrimp
- 1 pound lump crabmeat, drained
- 2 medium ripe avocados, peeled and cubed
- In a large bowl, mix the first 10 ingredients. Gently fold in shrimp, crab and avocados. Refrigerate, covered, at least 2 hours or until cold. Serve in martini glasses. Yield: 12 servings (3/4 cup each).
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Spicy Shrimp & Crab Cocktail
Sort By :
"I made a quarter of this it worked out just fine. Delish and refreshing esp during dog days of summer. I used frozen crab I have on hand for canned, but next time I plan on using the crab sticks in lieu of frozen or canned crab for economy. I also used fresh shrimp quickly boiled until barely pink. Thanks for sharing."
"Excellent for parties, I received many, many compliments and requests for the recipe. I used spicy bloody mary mix in lieu of the V8 and Clamato."