Spicy Shredded Beef Sandwiches Recipe
- 1 boneless beef chuck roast (4 to 5 pounds)
- 2 medium onions, coarsely chopped
- 1 jar (16 ounces) sliced pepperoncini, undrained
- 1 jar (8 ounces) pickled jalapeno slices, drained
- 1 bottle (12 ounces) beer or nonalcoholic beer
- 1 envelope onion soup mix
- 5 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 12 kaiser rolls, split
- 12 slices provolone cheese
- 1. Cut roast in half; place in a 4- or 5-qt. slow cooker. Add the onions, pepperoncini, jalapenos, beer, soup mix, garlic and pepper.
- 2. Cover and cook on low for 8-10 hours or until meat is tender.
- 3. Remove meat. Skim fat from cooking liquid. When cool enough to handle, shred meat with two forks and return to slow cooker; heat through. Serve 1/2 cup meat mixture on each roll with a slice of cheese. Yield: 12 servings.
1 sandwich: 534 calories, 23g fat (9g saturated fat), 113mg cholesterol, 1187mg sodium, 38g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 3g fiber), 41g protein
Reviews for Spicy Shredded Beef Sandwiches
"Everyone thought these subs were great."
"I tried this last week, and love, love, LOVE it!! Easy to make and tasty!! I tried it with both pork and beef and froze the beef meal for later, although I think it's going to come out of the freezer before too long!!"