Spicy Shredded Beef Sandwiches
If you like your shredded beef with a little kick, then this recipe is for you. For an even zestier version of this recipe, add another jar jalapenos or use hot peppers instead of the pepperocinis.—Kristen Langmeier, Faribault, Minnesota
12 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Cook: 8 hours
- 1 boneless beef chuck roast (4 to 5 pounds)
- 2 medium onions, coarsely chopped
- 1 jar (16 ounces) sliced pepperoncini, undrained
- 1 jar (8 ounces) pickled jalapeno slices, drained
- 1 bottle (12 ounces) beer or nonalcoholic beer
- 1 envelope onion soup mix
- 5 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 12 kaiser rolls, split
- 12 slices provolone cheese
- Cut roast in half; place in a 4- or 5-qt. slow cooker. Add the
- onions, pepperoncini, jalapenos, beer, soup mix, garlic and pepper.
- Cover and cook on low for 8-10 hours or until meat is tender.
- Remove meat. Skim fat from cooking liquid. When cool enough to
- handle, shred meat with two forks and return to slow cooker; heat
- through. Serve 1/2 cup meat mixture on each roll with a slice of
- cheese. Yield: 12 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 sandwich equals 534 calories, 23 g fat (9 g saturated fat), 113 mg cholesterol, 1,187 mg sodium, 38 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 41 g protein.