If you like your shredded beef with a little kick, then this recipe is for you. For an even zestier version of this recipe, add another jar jalapenos or use hot peppers instead of the pepperocinis.—Kristen Langmeier, Faribault, Minnesota
Featured In: 75 Winning Recipes For Your Super Bowl Potluck
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 boneless beef chuck roast (4 to 5 pounds)
- 2 medium onions, coarsely chopped
- 1 jar (16 ounces) sliced pepperoncini, undrained
- 1 jar (8 ounces) pickled jalapeno slices, drained
- 1 bottle (12 ounces) beer or nonalcoholic beer
- 1 envelope onion soup mix
- 5 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 12 kaiser rolls, split
- 12 slices provolone cheese
- Cut roast in half; place in a 4- or 5-qt. slow cooker. Add the onions, pepperoncini, jalapenos, beer, soup mix, garlic and pepper.
- Cover and cook on low for 8-10 hours or until meat is tender.
- Remove meat. Skim fat from cooking liquid. When cool enough to handle, shred meat with two forks and return to slow cooker; heat through. Serve 1/2 cup meat mixture on each roll with a slice of cheese. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Spicy Shredded Beef Sandwiches in The Taste of Home Cookbook 2011, p44
Reviews forSpicy Shredded Beef Sandwiches
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jan. 30, 2017
"Really tasty! I reduced the jalapenos so my kids would be able to eat this as well. This is a great party dish."
Reviewed Jan. 20, 2015
"Everyone thought these subs were great."