Spicy Shredded Beef Sandwiches Recipe
- 1 boneless beef chuck roast (4 to 5 pounds)
- 2 medium onions, coarsely chopped
- 1 jar (16 ounces) sliced pepperoncini, undrained
- 1 jar (8 ounces) pickled jalapeno slices, drained
- 1 bottle (12 ounces) beer or nonalcoholic beer
- 1 envelope onion soup mix
- 5 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 12 kaiser rolls, split
- 12 slices provolone cheese
- Cut roast in half; place in a 4- or 5-qt. slow cooker. Add the onions, pepperoncini, jalapenos, beer, soup mix, garlic and pepper.
- Cover and cook on low for 8-10 hours or until meat is tender.
- Remove meat. Skim fat from cooking liquid. When cool enough to handle, shred meat with two forks and return to slow cooker; heat through. Serve 1/2 cup meat mixture on each roll with a slice of cheese. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Spicy Shredded Beef Sandwiches in The Taste of Home Cookbook 2011, p44
Reviews for Spicy Shredded Beef Sandwiches
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Sep. 2, 2013
I tried this last week, and love, love, LOVE it!! Easy to make and tasty!! I tried it with both pork and beef and froze the beef meal for later, although I think it's going to come out of the freezer before too long!!
More Recipe Collections
- Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Beef Main Dishes >
- Beef Recipes >
- Beef Slow Cooker Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Father's Day Dinners >
- Hot Sandwich Recipes >
- Potluck Dinner Recipes >
- Potluck Recipes >
- Sandwiches >
- Slow Cooker Beef Recipes >