Spicy Shredded Beef Sandwiches Recipe
If you like your shredded beef with a little kick, then this recipe is for you. For an even zestier version of this recipe, add another jar jalapenos or use hot peppers instead of the pepperocinis.Kristen Langmeier, Faribault, Minnesota
- 1 boneless beef chuck roast (4 to 5 pounds)
- 2 medium onions, coarsely chopped
- 1 jar (16 ounces) sliced pepperoncini, undrained
- 1 jar (8 ounces) pickled jalapeno slices, drained
- 1 bottle (12 ounces) beer or nonalcoholic beer
- 1 envelope onion soup mix
- 5 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 12 kaiser rolls, split
- 12 slices provolone cheese
- Cut roast in half; place in a 4- or 5-qt. slow cooker. Add the onions, pepperoncini, jalapenos, beer, soup mix, garlic and pepper.
- Cover and cook on low for 8-10 hours or until meat is tender.
- Remove meat. Skim fat from cooking liquid. When cool enough to handle, shred meat with two forks and return to slow cooker; heat through. Serve 1/2 cup meat mixture on each roll with a slice of cheese. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Spicy Shredded Beef Sandwiches in The Taste of Home Cookbook 2011, p44
Reviews for Spicy Shredded Beef Sandwiches(1)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Sep. 2, 2013
I tried this last week, and love, love, LOVE it!! Easy to make and tasty!! I tried it with both pork and beef and froze the beef meal for later, although I think it's going to come out of the freezer before too long!!
More Recipe Collections
- Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Beef Main Dishes >
- Beef Recipes >
- Beef Slow Cooker Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Father's Day Dinners >
- Hot Sandwich Recipes >
- Potluck Dinner Recipes >
- Potluck Recipes >
- Sandwiches >
- Slow Cooker Beef Recipes >