Spicy Shepherd's Pie Recipe
- 1 package (6.6 ounces) instant mashed potatoes
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 can (11 ounces) Mexicorn, drained
- 1 can (2-1/4 ounces) sliced ripe olives, drained
- 1 envelope taco seasoning
- 1-1/2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- Prepare mashed potatoes according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Add the tomatoes, corn, olives, taco seasoning, chili powder, salt and garlic powder. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes.
- Transfer to a greased 2-1/2-qt. baking dish. Top with 3/4 cup cheese. Spread mashed potatoes over the top; sprinkle with remaining cheese. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 12-15 minutes or until cheese is melted. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Reviews for Spicy Shepherd's Pie(6)
Sort By :
This is so easy to make and one of my husband's favorite meals.
easy enough but kind of boring. maybe add some beans or some mushrooms for more texture.
Delicious! Not that spicy. No complaints from my 5 yr. Old
My husband and I both loved this recipe! It was a breeze to put together and tasted great. Easy and tasty comfort food.
I have been making this dish since it first came out in the magazine. Our family loves it! Easy and delicious.
More Recipe Collections
- Baked Potatoes >
- Beef Casserole Recipes >
- Beef Casseroles >
- Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Beef Main Dishes >
- Beef Recipes >
- Budget Ground Beef Recipes >
- Casseroles >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Cinco de Mayo Dinners >
- Cinco de Mayo Recipes >
- Corn Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Ground Beef Casserole Recipes >
- Ground Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Ground Beef Recipes >
- Hamburger Casserole >
- Mexican Casserole Recipes >
- Mexican Casseroles >
- Mexican Dinners >