- 1 package (6.6 ounces) instant mashed potatoes
- 1 pound ground turkey or beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 can (11 ounces) Mexicorn, drained
- 1 can (2-1/4 ounces) sliced ripe olives, drained
- 1 envelope taco seasoning
- 1-1/2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- Prepare mashed potatoes according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Add the tomatoes, corn, olives, taco seasoning, chili powder, salt and garlic powder. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes.
- Transfer to a greased 2-1/2-qt. baking dish. Top with 3/4 cup cheese. Spread mashed potatoes over the top; sprinkle with remaining cheese. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 12-15 minutes or until cheese is melted. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Reviews for Spicy Shepherd's Pie
Sort By :
My family and I tried this recipe last night. We have a few picky eaters, and it was a favorite with even the pickiest eater. It is definitely one of my new favorite recipes; although, I omitted the olives. It was a great recipe and very easy! I would recommend to anyone!
I was very skeptical when I first saw this recipe. It was absolutely incredible!! The only thing I did different was omit the chili powder because I was concerned it would be too spicy with the taco seasoning. Next time I will try adding it. But, even if you don't like the chili powder, it's a really good recipe that will now become a regular in our house!!
Hubby loves this meal. I use home made mashed potatoes and regular canned for frozen corn and omit the olives. That keeps the kids happy. This recipe is a nice change from regular shepherd's pie.
This is so easy to make and one of my husband's favorite meals.
easy enough but kind of boring. maybe add some beans or some mushrooms for more texture.
More Recipe Collections
- Baked Potatoes >
- Beef Casserole Recipes >
- Beef Casseroles >
- Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Beef Main Dishes >
- Beef Recipes >
- Budget Ground Beef Recipes >
- Casseroles >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Cinco de Mayo Dinners >
- Cinco de Mayo Recipes >
- Corn Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Ground Beef Casserole Recipes >
- Ground Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Ground Beef Recipes >
- Hamburger Casserole >
- Mexican Casserole Recipes >
- Mexican Casseroles >
- Mexican Dinners >