Spicy Sesame Shrimp & Noodle Salad Recipe
One of our favorite Korean dishes has always been a Korean Cold Sesame Noodles that my Mom made for us. It was supposed to be served at room temperature, but I like it warm. The shrimp-noodle salad recipe was a result of memories of my Mom's Korean background, and my love of fresh vegetables, packed full of flavor. The gochujang (hot chili paste) is a more savory kind of heat, that really blends beautifully with sesame, soy sauce and garlic. —Karen Bowlden, Boise, Idaho
- 6 ounces uncooked multigrain spaghetti
- 3 tablespoons sesame seeds, toasted
- 3 tablespoons sesame oil
- 3 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon Sriracha Asian hot chili sauce or 1-1/2 teaspoons hot pepper sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- SHRIMP & VEGETABLES:
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1/2 pound uncooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1-1/2 cups coleslaw mix
- 3/4 cup julienned carrots
- 1 celery rib, thinly sliced
- 1 small sweet red pepper, julienned
- 1/2 cup sliced water chestnuts
- 2 green onions, chopped
- Cook spaghetti according to package directions. In a small bowl, mix the sauce ingredients.
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add shrimp; stir-fry 2-3 minutes or until shrimp turn pink. Remove from pan.
- Add sauce mixture to same pan; bring just to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, 2 minutes longer.
- Drain spaghetti; add to pan. Toss to combine with sauce. Return shrimp to pan and add vegetables; cook and toss over medium-low heat until vegetables begin to wilt, about 4 minutes. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Spicy Sesame Shrimp & Noodle Salad in Taste of Home Recipes Across America 2013, p405
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Spicy Sesame Shrimp & Noodle Salad(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- Asian Dinners >
- Asian Recipes >
- Asian Salad Recipes >
- Baby Shower Recipes >
- Bridal Shower Recipes >
- Carrot Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Father's Day Recipes >
- Main Dish Salad Recipes >
- Pasta Recipes >
- Pasta Salad Recipes >
- Pasta Salads >
- Salads >
- Seafood Recipes >
- Seafood Salads >
- Shrimp Dinner Recipes >