Spicy Seafood Stew Recipe
- 2 pounds potatoes, peeled and diced
- 1 pound carrots, sliced
- 1 jar (26 ounces) spaghetti sauce
- 2 jars (6 ounces each) sliced mushrooms, drained
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground turmeric
- 1-1/2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/2 cups water
- 1 pound sea scallops
- 1 pound uncooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1. In a 5-qt. slow cooker, combine the first eight ingredients. Cover and cook on low for 4-1/2 to 5 hours or until potatoes are tender.
- 2. Stir in the water, scallops and shrimp. Cover and cook for 15-20 minutes or until scallops are opaque and shrimp turn pink. Yield: 9 servings.
1 cup: 261 calories, 4g fat (1g saturated fat), 93mg cholesterol, 958mg sodium, 35g carbohydrate (10g sugars, 5g fiber), 22g protein .
Reviews for Spicy Seafood Stew
"I made this recipe not once but twice and I see a third time in the near future."
"This recipe is absolutely loved by my family. They ask for it repeatedly and I make it as I can. I think it's awesome and so does my family."
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.