Spicy Seafood Stew
“This zippy stew is very easy and quick to prepare,” promises Bonnie Marlow of Ottoville, Ohio. “The hardest part is peeling and dicing the potatoes, and even that can be done the night before.” TIP: “Just place the potatoes in water and store them in the refrigerator overnight to speed up assembly the next day,” Bonnie recommends.
9 ServingsPrep: 30 min. Cook: 4-3/4 hours
- 2 pounds potatoes, peeled and diced
- 1 pound carrots, sliced
- 1 jar (26 ounces) spaghetti sauce
- 2 jars (6 ounces each) sliced mushrooms, drained
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground turmeric
- 1-1/2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/2 cups water
- 1 pound sea scallops
- 1 pound uncooked Daily Chef Uncooked Medium Shrimp, peeled and deveined
Create an impressive party platter with Daily Chef Shrimp.
Learn More >
- In a 5-qt. slow cooker, combine the first eight ingredients. Cover
- and cook on low for 4-1/2 to 5 hours or until potatoes are tender.
- Stir in the water, scallops and shrimp. Cover and cook for 15-20
- minutes or until scallops are opaque and shrimp turn pink. Yield: 9
Nutritional Facts: 1 cup equals 261 calories, 4 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 93 mg cholesterol, 958 mg sodium, 35 g carbohydrate, 5 g fiber, 22 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 2 starch,