Spicy Seafood Stew Recipe
- 2 pounds potatoes, peeled and diced
- 1 pound carrots, sliced
- 1 jar (26 ounces) spaghetti sauce
- 2 jars (6 ounces each) sliced mushrooms, drained
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground turmeric
- 1-1/2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/2 cups water
- 1 pound sea scallops
- 1 pound uncooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1. In a 5-qt. slow cooker, combine the first eight ingredients. Cover and cook on low for 4-1/2-5 hours or until potatoes are tender.
- 2. Stir in the water, scallops and shrimp. Cover and cook for 15-20 minutes or until scallops are opaque and shrimp turn pink. Yield: 9 servings.
1 cup: 261 calories, 4g fat (1g saturated fat), 93mg cholesterol, 958mg sodium, 35g carbohydrate (10g sugars, 5g fiber), 22g protein.
Reviews for Spicy Seafood Stew
"I made this recipe not once but twice and I see a third time in the near future."
"This recipe is absolutely loved by my family. They ask for it repeatedly and I make it as I can. I think it's awesome and so does my family."
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.