“This zippy stew is very easy and quick to prepare,” promises Bonnie Marlow of Ottoville, Ohio. “The hardest part is peeling and dicing the potatoes, and even that can be done the night before.” TIP: “Just place the potatoes in water and store them in the refrigerator overnight to speed up assembly the next day,” Bonnie recommends.
- 2 pounds potatoes, peeled and diced
- 1 pound carrots, sliced
- 1 jar (26 ounces) spaghetti sauce
- 2 jars (6 ounces each) sliced mushrooms, drained
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground turmeric
- 1-1/2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/2 cups water
- 1 pound sea scallops
- 1 pound uncooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- In a 5-qt. slow cooker, combine the first eight ingredients. Cover and cook on low for 4-1/2 to 5 hours or until potatoes are tender.
- Stir in the water, scallops and shrimp. Cover and cook for 15-20 minutes or until scallops are opaque and shrimp turn pink. Yield: 9 servings.
Originally published as Spicy Seafood Stew in Quick Cooking September/October 2005, p43
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Spicy Seafood Stew
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review