Spicy Scrambled Egg Sandwiches
Glenside, Pennsylvania’s Helen Vail takes family breakfasts in hand with these energy-building muffins-to-go. They’re packed with veggies, flavor and easy-to-swallow nutrition!
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1/3 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 3 Eggland's Best Eggs
- 4 egg whites
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1/3 cup fresh or frozen corn, thawed
- 1/4 cup real bacon bits
- 4 English muffins, split and toasted
- In a 10-in. skillet coated with cooking spray, cook green pepper and
- onion over medium heat until tender, about 8 minutes.
- In a large bowl, whisk the eggs, egg whites, water, salt, mustard,
- pepper and hot pepper sauce. Pour into skillet. Add corn and bacon;
- cook and stir until the eggs are completely set. Spoon onto English
- muffin bottoms; replace tops. Serve immediately. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 sandwich equals 248 calories, 6 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 164 mg cholesterol, 739 mg sodium,