Spicy Scrambled Egg Sandwiches Recipe
- 1/3 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 3 large eggs
- 4 large egg whites
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1/3 cup fresh or frozen corn, thawed
- 1/4 cup real bacon bits
- 4 English muffins, split and toasted
- 1. In a 10-in. skillet coated with cooking spray, cook green pepper and onion over medium heat until tender, about 8 minutes.
- 2. In a large bowl, whisk the eggs, egg whites, water, salt, mustard, pepper and hot pepper sauce. Pour into skillet. Add corn and bacon; cook and stir until the eggs are completely set. Spoon onto English muffin bottoms; replace tops. Serve immediately. Yield: 4 servings.
1 sandwich equals 248 calories, 6 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 164 mg cholesterol, 739 mg sodium, 31 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 16 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 2 lean meat.
Reviews for Spicy Scrambled Egg Sandwiches
"My husband and I really enjoyed this as a dinner. I didn't have corn, so I used some red pepper and mushrooms instead. We also used tortillas instead of English muffins to make wraps. The dish is not heavy and has great flavor. We look forward to making it with English muffins sometime too!"