Spicy Sausage Wonton Stars Recipe
- 1 pound bulk spicy pork sausage
- 2 medium carrots, finely shredded
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup finely chopped sweet red pepper
- 1/2 cup finely chopped green pepper
- 1 cup (4 ounces) finely shredded pepper Jack cheese
- 1 cup (4 ounces) finely shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon lemon-pepper seasoning
- 36 wonton wrappers
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- Sliced cherry tomatoes, optional
- 1. In a large skillet, cook sausage over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. In a large bowl, combine the sausage, carrots, onion, peppers, cheeses, sour cream, garlic and lemon-pepper.
- 2. Press wonton wrappers into miniature muffin cups coated with cooking spray. In a small bowl, combine butter and garlic powder; brush over edges. Bake at 350° for 8-9 minutes or until lightly browned.
- 3. Spoon sausage mixture into cups. Bake 5-7 minutes longer or until heated through. Garnish with tomatoes if desired. Yield: 3 dozen.
1 each: 86 calories, 5g fat (3g saturated fat), 15mg cholesterol, 154mg sodium, 6g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 0 fiber), 3g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 fat, 1/2 starch.
Reviews for Spicy Sausage Wonton Stars
"Delicious! I made these appetizers for a family dinner. Definitely a keeper!"
"I have never made these but my daughter and her friend makes these for every special occasion we have. They are totally awsome!!! Highly recommend them."
"Recipe makes more than 36 but they were a favorite on New Years Eve! This recipe is one to add to the collection!"
"Very good. I found the mini muffin cups hard to fill so I used the regular ones. Not as pretty, but much easier."
"This was the definite hit of our holiday party!"
"I made this recipe for a party and it was a great success. It took me 15 min to prep. I didn't precook the wontons, just put the mixture in the wontons and cooked for 13-15min."
"This is much better if the mixture is placed on the wrapper and folded to make a triangle. Seal with a light mixture of cornstarch and water. Fry at 350 in hot oil until golden brown. Note: It is now not lower fat"