Spicy Sausage Sandwiches Recipe
- 2 jalapeno peppers
- 1 large fresh banana pepper
- 1/2 cup diced sweet red pepper
- 1/2 cup diced Vidalia or sweet onion
- 1/2 cup fresh or frozen corn
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 pound bulk pork sausage
- 6 English muffins, split and toasted
- 6 slices Colby/Jack cheese
- 1. Remove seeds and membranes from jalapeno and banana peppers if desired (for a less spicy salsa). Dice peppers and place in a large bowl; Stir in the remaining salsa ingredients. Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- 2. Form the sausage into six patties; cook in a skillet over medium heat until meat is no longer pink. Place each on a English muffin half; top with 1 tablespoon salsa and a slice of cheese. Cover with other muffin half. Serve with remaining salsa. Yield: 6 servings.
1 each: 0 calories, 0g fat (0g saturated fat), 0mg cholesterol, 0mg sodium, 0g carbohydrate (0g sugars, 0g fiber), 0g protein
Reviews for Spicy Sausage Sandwiches
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.