These hearty sandwiches are packed with downhome flavor. They're terrific for breakfast, lunch or a light supper. The pretty corn and pepper salsa is a garden-fresh topper for the browned sausage patties.—Eileen Sullivan, Lady Lake, Florida
Recommended: Slow Cooker Sandwich Recipes
- 2 jalapeno peppers
- 1 large fresh banana pepper
- 1/2 cup diced sweet red pepper
- 1/2 cup diced Vidalia or sweet onion
- 1/2 cup fresh or frozen corn
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 pound bulk pork sausage
- 6 English muffins, split and toasted
- 6 slices Colby/Jack cheese
- Remove seeds and membranes from jalapeno and banana peppers if desired (for a less spicy salsa). Dice peppers and place in a large bowl; Stir in the remaining salsa ingredients. Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Form the sausage into six patties; cook in a skillet over medium heat until meat is no longer pink. Place each on a English muffin half; top with 1 tablespoon salsa and a slice of cheese. Cover with other muffin half. Serve with remaining salsa. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Spicy Sausage Sandwiches in Taste of Home June/July 1997, p39
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for Spicy Sausage Sandwiches
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review