Spicy Sausage Linguine Recipe
- 9 ounces uncooked linguine
- 1 pound Italian sausage links, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1/2 medium sweet red pepper, cut into thin strips
- 1/2 medium green pepper, cut into thin strips
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon fennel seed
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 plum tomatoes, chopped
- 3 tablespoons heavy whipping cream
- 1. Cook linguine according to package directions.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook the sausage, onion, red pepper and green pepper over medium heat until meat is no longer pink and the vegetables are tender; drain. Add the garlic, fennel, salt, pepper flakes and pepper; cook 1 minute longer. Stir in the tomatoes and cream; heat through.
- 3. Drain linguine; serve with sausage mixture. Yield: 4 servings.
1 cup sausage mixture with 1 cup linguine equals 488 calories, 21 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 60 mg cholesterol, 694 mg sodium, 55 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 22 g protein.
Reviews for Spicy Sausage Linguine
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.