When time’s at a premium, you just can’t beat a meal this fuss-free and fabulous! Susie Van Etten - Chapmansboro, Tennessee
- 9 ounces uncooked linguine
- 1 pound Italian sausage links, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1/2 medium sweet red pepper, cut into thin strips
- 1/2 medium green pepper, cut into thin strips
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon fennel seed
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 plum tomatoes, chopped
- 3 tablespoons heavy whipping cream
- Cook linguine according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook the sausage, onion, red pepper and green pepper over medium heat until meat is no longer pink and the vegetables are tender; drain. Add the garlic, fennel, salt, pepper flakes and pepper; cook 1 minute longer. Stir in the tomatoes and cream; heat through.
- Drain linguine; serve with sausage mixture. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Spicy Sausage Linguine in Simple & Delicious March/April 2010, p26
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for Spicy Sausage Linguine
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review