Spicy Sausage Hash Browns Recipe
“I love to develop my own recipes and have people calling for them often. My family members and friends from our church tend to be my favorite and most honest critics.” Angela Sheridan - Opdyke, Illinois
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 15 min. Cook: 5 hours YIELD:9 servings
- 1 pound Johnsonville® Hot Ground Sausage
- 1 package (30 ounces) frozen shredded hash brown potatoes, thawed
- 2 cups (16 ounces) sour cream
- 1 jar (16 ounces) double-cheddar cheese sauce
- 2 cans (4 ounces each) chopped green chilies
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1. In a large skillet, cook sausage over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Transfer to a 4-qt. slow cooker. Stir in the remaining ingredients. Cover and cook on low for 5-6 hours or until heated through. Yield: 9 servings.
1 cup equals 368 calories, 25 g fat (12 g saturated fat), 73 mg cholesterol, 723 mg sodium, 22 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 10 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC