Spicy Sausage Cheese Puffs Recipe
"I've been cooking ever since I was 11 years old, and I still enjoy trying new recipes," relates Tammy Utter of Purdy, Missouri. These tasty bites boast spicy pork sausage, green chilies and sharp cheddar cheese and make a sensational appetizer or swift snack.
- 1/4 pound spicy Jones Dairy Farm All Natural Pork Sausage Roll
- 3/4 cup biscuit/baking mix
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 3 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons canned chopped green chilies, drained
- 1. In a small skillet, cook sausage over medium heat until no longer pink; drain and cool completely.
- 2. In a bowl, combine biscuit mix and cheese. Stir in the sausage, water and chilies.
- 3. Shape into 1-in. balls. Place 2 in. apart on well-greased baking sheets. Bake at 400° for 12-15 minutes or until lightly browned. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 3 dozen.
3 pieces: 28 calories, 2g fat (1g saturated fat), 4mg cholesterol, 65mg sodium, 2g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 1g protein.
Reviews for Spicy Sausage Cheese Puffs
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC