Spicy Sausage Cheese Puffs Recipe
- 1/4 pound spicy bulk pork sausage
- 3/4 cup biscuit/baking mix
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 3 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons canned chopped green chilies, drained
- 1. In a small skillet, cook sausage over medium heat until no longer pink; drain and cool completely.
- 2. In a bowl, combine biscuit mix and cheese. Stir in the sausage, water and chilies.
- 3. Shape into 1-in. balls. Place 2 in. apart on well-greased baking sheets. Bake at 400° for 12-15 minutes or until lightly browned. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 3 dozen.
1 serving (3 pieces) equals 28 calories, 2 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 4 mg cholesterol, 65 mg sodium, 2 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 1 g protein.
Sweet Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.