Spicy Sausage Cheese Puffs Recipe
"I've been cooking ever since I was 11 years old, and I still enjoy trying new recipes," relates Tammy Utter of Purdy, Missouri. These tasty bites boast spicy pork sausage, green chilies and sharp cheddar cheese and make a sensational appetizer or swift snack.
- 1/4 pound spicy bulk pork sausage
- 3/4 cup Bisquick® mix
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 3 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons canned chopped green chilies, drained
- In a small skillet, cook sausage over medium heat until no longer pink; drain and cool completely.
- In a bowl, combine biscuit mix and cheese. Stir in the sausage, water and chilies.
- Shape into 1-in. balls. Place 2 in. apart on well-greased baking sheets. Bake at 400° for 12-15 minutes or until lightly browned. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 3 dozen.
Originally published as Spicy Sausage Cheese Puffs in Quick Cooking September/October 2004, p7
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.
Reviews for Spicy Sausage Cheese Puffs(1)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Nov. 26, 2010
I've made these several times. They are easy and tasty. However, this recipe does not yield 3 dozen.
More Recipe Collections
- Appetizers >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Cinco de Mayo Appetizers >
- Cinco de Mayo Recipes >
- Easy Appetizer Recipes >
- Easy Appetizers >
- Easy Finger Foods >
- Easy Recipes >
- Finger Food Recipes >
- Finger Foods & Finger Food Recipes >
- Hors d'oeuvre Recipes >
- Meat Appetizers >
- Mexican Appetizers >
- Mexican Recipes >
- Party Appetizers >
- Pork Appetizers >