My family loves to sleep in on weekends, so they convinced me to serve brunch instead of breakfast. But it seems whenever the aroma of this dish fills the house, they wake up a little earlier!
- 2 cups cooked rice
- 1 pound bulk pork sausage, cooked and drained
- 1 can (6 ounces) sliced water chestnuts, drained
- 4 cups (16 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1-1/2 cups chopped cooked broccoli
- In a 2-qt. casserole, layer rice, sausage, water chestnuts, 1 cup cheese, broccoli and then remaining cheese. Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 30 minutes or until the cheese is bubbly. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Originally published as Spicy Sausage Casserole in Cookin' Up Country Breakfasts Cookbook 1994, p22
Reviews for Spicy Sausage Casserole
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review