- 1 cup uncooked elbow macaroni
- 1 pound turkey Italian sausage, casings removed
- 1 large green pepper,chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) stewed tomatoes, cut up
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1-1/2 cups (12 ounces) reduced-fat sour cream
- Cook macaroni according to package directions. Crumble sausage into a large nonstick skillet. Add green pepper and onion. Cook over medium heat until meat is no longer pink. Stir in the tomatoes, sugar and chili powder.
- Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally. Reduce heat to low. Stir in the sour cream until blended. Drain macaroni; add to skillet. Cook and stir until heated through. Yield: 6 servings.
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for Spicy Sausage and Pasta
Sort By :
My husband's family has been making this recipe for the past 30 yesars. It is a great, quick meal. Kids love it. Sometimes we do not add sourcream at end but serve on the side for those who don't like tangy sour cream taste. On occasion we have added a can of drained corn or black beans to extend the servings. Great recipe!
More Recipe Collections
- Country Woman Dinner Recipes >
- Country Woman Recipes >
- Diabetic Dinner Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >