I had to ask a former neighbor for this recipe after smelling the aroma of it cooking one day. It's simple and delicious, and I'm glad I got the recipe.—May Murphy, Fayetteville, Pennsylvania
- 1 cup uncooked elbow macaroni
- 1 pound turkey Italian sausage, casings removed
- 1 large green pepper,chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) stewed tomatoes, cut up
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1-1/2 cups (12 ounces) reduced-fat sour cream
- Cook macaroni according to package directions. Crumble sausage into a large nonstick skillet. Add green pepper and onion. Cook over medium heat until meat is no longer pink. Stir in the tomatoes, sugar and chili powder.
- Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally. Reduce heat to low. Stir in the sour cream until blended. Drain macaroni; add to skillet. Cook and stir until heated through. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Spicy Sausage and Pasta in Country Woman January/February 2004, p36
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for Spicy Sausage and Pasta
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review