Spicy Salmon Patties Recipe
- 2 slices whole wheat bread
- 12 fat-free pretzels
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 2 teaspoons salt-free spicy seasoning blend
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup egg substitute
- 1 can (14-3/4 ounces) salmon, drained, bones and skin removed
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/3 cup finely chopped green pepper
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped jalapeno pepper
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1. Place the first five ingredients in a blender or food processor; cover and process until mixture resembles fine crumbs.
- 2. In a bowl, combine the egg substitute, salmon, onion, green pepper, jalapeno, garlic and 1/2 cup crumb mixture. Shape into eight 1/2-in.-thick patties. Coat with remaining crumb mixture.
- 3. In a large nonstick skillet over medium heat, cook patties in oil for 4-5 minutes on each side or until lightly browned. Yield: 4 servings.
2 each: 304 calories, 14g fat (2g saturated fat), 58mg cholesterol, 870mg sodium, 18g carbohydrate (0g sugars, 2g fiber), 26g protein Diabetic Exchanges:1 starch, 3 lean meat, 1-1/2 fat
Reviews for Spicy Salmon Patties
"I've tried other Salmon Patty recipes in the past and thought YUCK but this one is YUMMY!! An instant family favorite in my house :) They weren't too spicy so even the kids enjoyed them."
"I love tuna patties and these salmon patties are a nice variation. They were not dry but had a nice crunchy exterior. My husband loved them, and even my 15-month old chowed down!"
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.