- 2 slices whole wheat bread
- 12 fat-free pretzels
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 2 teaspoons salt-free spicy seasoning blend
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup egg substitute
- 1 can (14-3/4 ounces) salmon, drained, bones and skin removed
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/3 cup finely chopped green pepper
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped jalapeno pepper
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Place the first five ingredients in a blender or food processor; cover and process until mixture resembles fine crumbs.
- In a bowl, combine the egg substitute, salmon, onion, green pepper, jalapeno, garlic and 1/2 cup crumb mixture. Shape into eight 1/2-in.-thick patties. Coat with remaining crumb mixture.
- In a large nonstick skillet over medium heat, cook patties in oil for 4-5 minutes on each side or until lightly browned. Yield: 4 servings.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Spicy Salmon Patties
"I've tried other Salmon Patty recipes in the past and thought YUCK but this one is YUMMY!! An instant family favorite in my house :) They weren't too spicy so even the kids enjoyed them."
"I love tuna patties and these salmon patties are a nice variation. They were not dry but had a nice crunchy exterior. My husband loved them, and even my 15-month old chowed down!"