Spicy Salmon Patties Recipe
- 2 slices whole wheat bread
- 12 fat-free pretzels
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 2 teaspoons salt-free spicy seasoning blend
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup egg substitute
- 1 can (14-3/4 ounces) salmon, drained, bones and skin removed
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/3 cup finely chopped green pepper
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped jalapeno pepper
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Place the first five ingredients in a blender or food processor; cover and process until mixture resembles fine crumbs.
- In a bowl, combine the egg substitute, salmon, onion, green pepper, jalapeno, garlic and 1/2 cup crumb mixture. Shape into eight 1/2-in.-thick patties. Coat with remaining crumb mixture.
- In a large nonstick skillet over medium heat, cook patties in oil for 4-5 minutes on each side or until lightly browned. Yield: 4 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Spicy Salmon Patties(3)
Sort By :
Very good recipe, even though I goofed and added all the crumbs to the mixture :) I just patted on a little more crumbs, fried 'em up and they were awesome with some homemade mustard/mayo sauce.
I've tried other Salmon Patty recipes in the past and thought YUCK but this one is YUMMY!! An instant family favorite in my house :) They weren't too spicy so even the kids enjoyed them.
I love tuna patties and these salmon patties are a nice variation. They were not dry but had a nice crunchy exterior. My husband loved them, and even my 15-month old chowed down!
More Recipe Collections
- Cajun Dinner Recipes >
- Cajun Recipes >
- Cinco de Mayo Dinners >
- Cinco de Mayo Recipes >
- Diabetic Dinner Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Fish Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Dinner Recipes >
- Healthy Dinners >
- Healthy Main Dishes >
- Healthy Recipes >
- Mardi Gras Dinner Recipes >
- Mardi Gras Recipes >
- Mexican Dinners >
- Mexican Recipes >