Spicy Salmon Kabobs Recipe
- 1-1/2 pounds salmon fillets, cut into 1-1/2-inch cubes
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon celery seed
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/8 teaspoon fennel seed, crushed
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1. Place the salmon in a large resealable plastic bag. Combine the remaining ingredients; sprinkle over salmon. Seal bag and toss to coat; refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- 2. Thread the salmon onto six metal or soaked wooden skewers. Grill, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 4-6 minutes on each side or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Yield: 6 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 223 calories, 13 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 67 mg cholesterol, 463 mg sodium, 3 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 23 g protein.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.