Spicy Roast Beef Sandwiches Recipe
Jalapenos add zip to this quick-to-assemble combo of roast beef and cheese from Shirley Wayne. "It's a good hot sandwich to eat in the car or take to sporting events," writes the Laguna Woods, California cook.
- 2 teaspoons butter, softened
- 2 kaiser rolls, split
- 1/2 pound thinly sliced deli roast beef
- 2 slices Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 to 2 teaspoons canned diced jalapeno pepper
- 1. Spread butter over the cut sides of rolls. Layer the beef, cheese and peppers on the bottom halves; replace tops. Wrap each sandwich in foil.
- 2. Place on an ungreased baking sheet. Bake at 350° for 10-15 minutes or until the cheese is melted. Yield: 2 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 482 calories, 17 g fat (9 g saturated fat), 77 mg cholesterol, 2,123 mg sodium, 37 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 43 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC