Spicy Rice Skillet Recipe
- 2 pounds ground turkey or beef
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 large green pepper, chopped
- 1 can (10 ounces) diced tomatoes and green chilies, undrained
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- 1 cup beef broth
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 to 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 4 cups cooked long grain rice
- 2 cups (16 ounces) sour cream
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- Corn chips
- In a large skillet, cook the beef, onion and green pepper over medium heat until the meat is no longer pink; drain. Add the next eight ingredients. Simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes. Add rice, sour cream and cheese; cook over low heat until cheese is melted, about 6-8 minutes, stirring occasionally (do not boil). Serve over corn chips. Yield: 8-10 servings.
Reviews for Spicy Rice Skillet(5)
Sort By :
This is one of my kid's favorite recipes. I've been making it for years! Because it all goes together in one pan it's a snap to make. It's very filling, delicious comfort food.
I can't believe that there are only 5 reviews so far on this recipe, as I have been making this for years! Everyone that eats it loves it and its so fast and easy to make. This has been and will always be one of the best dishes I will make.
Quick and easy for a week night meal. It's also a great "comfort food" for those cold winter nights.
I wanted something different... my husband and I eat a lot of pasta so when I saw this I thought it would be good, but it wasn't just good it was GREAT! Very flavorful and easy to make! Thank you Taste Of Home! Will be making this again for sure!
I've been making this since it was published in the TOH cookbook. This is one of my all-time favorites and I always have the ingredients on hand.
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Beef Main Dishes >
- Beef Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Cinco de Mayo Dinners >
- Cinco de Mayo Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Ground Beef Recipes >
- Mexican Dinners >
- Mexican Recipes >
- Quick Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Quick Beef Dinners >
- Quick Dinner Recipes >