Spicy Rice Pilaf Recipe
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cups chicken or vegetable broth
- 1/4 cup dried lentils, rinsed
- 1 can (16 ounces) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup salsa
- 1 cup uncooked long grain rice
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 1 jar (2 ounces) diced pimientos, drained
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1. In a saucepan over medium heat, saute onion in oil until tender. Add broth and lentils; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15 minutes. Stir in remaining ingredients; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer 20-25 minutes longer or until lentils and rice are tender. Yield: 12 servings.
3/4 cup: 148 calories, 3g fat (trace saturated fat), 0mg cholesterol, 314mg sodium, 25g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 4g fiber), 6g protein
Reviews for Spicy Rice Pilaf
"nothing special. it's okay tasting, has enough flavor. easy to prep. i just wasn't impressed."
"this is one of my favorite recipes. I've learned to double it when I'm taking it to a pot luck because it goes so fast. I sometimes use vegetable broth instead of chicken so that it can be a vegetarian offering. Try this one, you won't be sorry."